SLPA in PA

Hey everyone, I'm an undergrad soon to be graduating in Apirl! Woo. I'm still waiting to hear back from one more school before deciding whether or not I'll be going to graduate school or becoming an SLPA in PA. I don't live in PA but I do plan to move there after this virus has settle down and things are somewhat back to normal but if anyone is an SLPA in PA how did you obtain your certification? I would love to hear back from someone about this and if there are certain schools I should look into applying for as an SLPA. Thank you ! 

1 hour ago, whathespeech said:

Hey everyone, I'm an undergrad soon to be graduating in Apirl! Woo. I'm still waiting to hear back from one more school before deciding whether or not I'll be going to graduate school or becoming an SLPA in PA. I don't live in PA but I do plan to move there after this virus has settle down and things are somewhat back to normal but if anyone is an SLPA in PA how did you obtain your certification? I would love to hear back from someone about this and if there are certain schools I should look into applying for as an SLPA. Thank you ! 

What is an SLPA? 

I am currently an SLPA in PA.  The only requirement was an undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders.  I graduated a semester early from my undergraduate institution and became an SLPA for this spring semester.  I will not be continuing it next year because I will be continuing my studies in graduate school.  I loved the experience, but if you have to opportunity to go into graduate school next year right away and not wait a year I would do that.  No need to delay your end goal of being an SLP! Being an SLPA was a great opportunity for myself to continue my education and involvement within the field before grad school.  Feel free  to message me if you have any questions! Good luck!

Edited by haft25