UCSD BME MS or UCSF MSBI?

Jolly44

Hello there! Recently I was admitted to these two programs and I am wondering if someone could give me some advice on the choice. 

UCSD is well-known for its bioE but I don't know if it is the same for the master program. Plus it is a newly opened MS.Med program but it looks like it has a lot of flexibility(you can have 36 units of elective on almost any engineering and biological courses)

UCSF is also a well-known and graduate-only university on bio and medical. I don't the reputation of radiology though. It looks more medical than bio or engineering to me.

Personally, I am going to pursue a doctoral degree in the future(if fortunate enough to get an offer) in bioE or neuroscience, and I don't think I have the ability to handle MD study. These two schools are pretty similar to me so if someone can give advice I would be very grateful.  

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:13 AM, Jolly44 said:

Hello there! Recently I was admitted to these two programs and I am wondering if someone could give me some advice on the choice. 

UCSD is well-known for its bioE but I don't know if it is the same for the master program. Plus it is a newly opened MS.Med program but it looks like it has a lot of flexibility(you can have 36 units of elective on almost any engineering and biological courses)

UCSF is also a well-known and graduate-only university on bio and medical. I don't the reputation of radiology though. It looks more medical than bio or engineering to me.

Personally, I am going to pursue a doctoral degree in the future(if fortunate enough to get an offer) in bioE or neuroscience, and I don't think I have the ability to handle MD study. These two schools are pretty similar to me so if someone can give advice I would be very grateful.  

Hello. Which program did you attend? How was it?