Georgetown University

lenin333

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Georgetown applicant people, I have inside information.

First, I was accepted to political theory with funding. I have declined the offer. That bumps, in theory, everyone up the list one spot.

Second, arrangements for visiting students are now being made. If you have not even heard about admissions, it is unlikely you will be admitted at all (but still possible), but it is very unlikely you will be funded in the end. There are 8 or so people who got funding offers. Then there is a short list of alternates. All these people are being contacted.

Sorry if this is bad news for some.

Ok Georgetown applicant people, I have inside information.

First, I was accepted to political theory with funding. I have declined the offer. That bumps, in theory, everyone up the list one spot.

Second, arrangements for visiting students are now being made. If you have not even heard about admissions, it is unlikely you will be admitted at all (but still possible), but it is very unlikely you will be funded in the end. There are 8 or so people who got funding offers. Then there is a short list of alternates. All these people are being contacted.

Sorry if this is bad news for some.

rats...guess that means any of us who haven't heard are out. considering the fact that they usually accept 70-80 people, not getting an admission offer stings...

take this for what it's worth, but i just spoke to someone over there and while they did meet for 7 hours last friday to make decisions, they still have one more round of applications to go through - although i don't think there are many. they also said only students offered funding as of right now have been contacted, and that they've been working w/ the grad school this week to get decisions in. the real questions are, 1) have they really only contacted the funded students; and 2) how many students have been offered funding at this point.

I just called over there and they said that all decisions have been made. They are processing the rejections now, and I think the informal admit emails as well. I don't know if that means we will hear today or next week, but hopefully the sooner the better.

this is also interesting...the letter of invitation for the open house says they are inviting attendees as "one of the top applicants to the department." i am guessing its a generic letter that all admitted students get, but maybe (hopefully) they only invite funded and top alternate students to the open house???? considering they usually admit a lot of students (85 last year), logistically, maybe they only invite candidates high on their list???