CIHR CGSD 2020/2021

Sf123

4 hours ago, uoftgrad037 said:

Has anyone contacted their school, or CIHR to get an update?

I think I am going to wait until the end of this week since they said results will be released by the end of April. I am going to email my department and maybe CIHR if we do not hear back by Thursday. 

Received this email from CIHR this morning:

Good morning,  

Thank you for contacting the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.  

Please note that the exact date of the release of the results from the CGS Doctoral Competition (201911FBD) and Doctoral Foreign Study Award Competition (201910DFD) has not yet been determined. At this point in time, the results are expected to be released by the end of the month of April. However, due to the ever evolving situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, delays in the release of the results could occur.  

We thank you for your patience and collaboration during these difficult times.   

Waiting to hear from CGS-D. Nobody else in my anthro department (or other related depts, as far as I know) has heard yet either. I contacted my department to see if they had the results yet and I was told to wait for my letter. My mail has been delayed by up to two weeks lately, so I’m a bit annoyed. Feeling like my department might have the results but that I’ve been rejected or waitlisted. 

Edited by linganth_

2 hours ago, linganth_ said:

Waiting to hear from CGS-D. Nobody else in my anthro department (or other related depts, as far as I know) has heard yet either. I contacted my department to see if they had the results yet and I was told to wait for my letter. My mail has been delayed by up to two weeks lately, so I’m a bit annoyed. Feeling like my department might have the results but that I’ve been rejected or waitlisted. 

Do they upload the results in ResearchNET? Mine says "In Peer Review". Or a separate letter is mailed? 

52 minutes ago, CG67 said:

Do they upload the results in ResearchNET? Mine says "In Peer Review". Or a separate letter is mailed? 

Separate letter in the mail, by my understanding!

Edit: I just came across this on Twitter: https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/news_room-salle_de_presse/covid-19-eng.aspx

Seems like they will use a SSHRC Extranet this year. I tried to log in but it says my email isn't in the system....and it is definitely the one I used. So, maybe they will have this up in the next few days?

Edited by linganth_
Added new info

36 minutes ago, linganth_ said:

Separate letter in the mail, by my understanding!

Edit: I just came across this on Twitter: https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/news_room-salle_de_presse/covid-19-eng.aspx

Seems like they will use a SSHRC Extranet this year. I tried to log in but it says my email isn't in the system....and it is definitely the one I used. So, maybe they will have this up in the next few days?

Where does it say CIHR is using extranet?

9 minutes ago, uoftgrad037 said:

Where does it say CIHR is using extranet?

Holy, my bad!! In typical anxious fashion I had several tabs open to read about results....and it appears that I posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry! *sheepishly closes all GradCafe tabs*

I think they'll notify us by research net. We will get an email that will tell us to go and check online. 

13 hours ago, CG67 said:

2 minutes ago, uoftgrad037 said:

According to the CIHR website, results should have come out early April.

I have a feeling the results will not be released today. Do you guys think it matters that SSHRC results are being released today? Since CIHR uploads to ResearchNet I don't see how this is a problem. 

Just now, CG67 said:

I have a feeling the results will not be released today. Do you guys think it matters that SSHRC results are being released today? Since CIHR uploads to ResearchNet I don't see how this is a problem. 

I also have a feeling they won't be coming out today, even though they said by end of this month.

In previous years, did people get email prompts to check ResearchNet for results?

Just now, uoftgrad037 said:

I also have a feeling they won't be coming out today, even though they said by end of this month.

In previous years, did people get email prompts to check ResearchNet for results?

Yes, that's what I have heard. They will email to check the results and the status will have changed in ResearchNet. 

4 minutes ago, CG67 said:

Yes, that's what I have heard. They will email to check the results and the status will have changed in ResearchNet. 

Ah okay, I guess there is a small chance then - since they don't have to deal with Extranet (which seems like a minor disaster), but I am not hopeful overall of anything coming out today.

Just now, uoftgrad037 said:

Ah okay, I guess there is a small chance then - since they don't have to deal with Extranet (which seems like a minor disaster), but I am not hopeful overall of anything coming out today.

I agree. Maybe tomorrow or even next week :(