USC M.S. in Statistics - Advice Needed: Pros & Cons

Hello all. It's my first time posting here and I apologize if it's not the right forum for such a post.

Would anyone here happen to know of the pros & cons of USC's M.S. in Statistics?

I mean no offense, but if I may be blunt, some friends have shared that some USC's master programmes are "cash cows". I couldn't find much candid commentary on USC's M.S. in Statistics online and am hoping that stats grad students may be able to weigh in. Subjective opinions are okay :)

Thanks for reading.

USC = University of Southern California (in case the acronym USC is overloaded)

Edited by daniel1
full name of USC

Most MS programs in statistics are "cash cows", but ultimately it's up to you whether it's worth it.  USC has solid professors, but I would look into whether they are actually teaching the MS classes or whether they're taught by adjuncts/grad students.  The curriculum looks pretty standard and like it would give you a good foundation.  But if it costs $70k/year, I'd try to find a cheap option.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 2:48 AM, bayessays said:

Most MS programs in statistics are "cash cows", but ultimately it's up to you whether it's worth it.  USC has solid professors, but I would look into whether they are actually teaching the MS classes or whether they're taught by adjuncts/grad students.  The curriculum looks pretty standard and like it would give you a good foundation.  But if it costs $70k/year, I'd try to find a cheap option.

Thanks so much for the advice.