information regarding wait list

anwesha08

15 hours ago, anwesha08 said:

can someone please tell me whether or not Suny Albany sends out rejection emails if not selected for doctoral graduate program.

Also, by when can I expect wait listed candidates admission decision to be taken?

Have you checked your application portal? Updates could be posted there without them informing you about it, it sometimes happens. If nothing there, you should definitely email the DGS and ask. Considering it is already the end of April, I'd assume all decisions have been made.

Which program are you applying to? I actually applied to their political science program, but for some reason was rejected literally a week after I submitted my application, which I thought was odd because I thought I was a great fit and the fact that the program is not ranked that high (I was waitlisted by much higher-ranked programs). Either way, they did send me an email telling me to check my application page.

18 hours ago, jonliu said:

Have you checked your application portal? Updates could be posted there without them informing you about it, it sometimes happens. If nothing there, you should definitely email the DGS and ask. Considering it is already the end of April, I'd assume all decisions have been made.

Which program are you applying to? I actually applied to their political science program, but for some reason was rejected literally a week after I submitted my application, which I thought was odd because I thought I was a great fit and the fact that the program is not ranked that high (I was waitlisted by much higher-ranked programs). Either way, they did send me an email telling me to check my application page.

I have applied for Physics. Actually my POI who is also the graduate head of my department, told me that I am waitlisted. I am yet to hear from them regarding any decision. Considering it's end of April that's why I was a bit curious if they acknowledge rejections.