Columbia MSW Fall 2020!

Didn’t see a thread for new students...is anyone else planning to start their msw at CSSW this fall? 

Figured it would be good to have a place to gather and discuss. I know there’s some Columbia applicants on the other threads but this is more geared towards those of us who have already decided on Columbia :) 

How are y’all feeling about things  right  know? Where is everyone in the process (in terms of whether you’ve submitted immunizations, activated your ID/email, accepted you financial aid offer, filled out the field placement form, etc)? I’m feeling sort of behind, plan to call the school tomorrow to figure out exactly what’s needed for my track (reduced residency). 

Also what are people’s plans as far as housing? 

Hi hi! I committed at the beginning of March after visiting campus. I've done just about all of the required steps and filled out the forms, and now I'm just waiting to see what fall semester is going to look like ? 

I've been in NYC for five years and will hopefully stay in my current place in Brooklyn. It's a bit of a commute but the price for the space is so worth it.

What is your method/field of practice? 

Hi simonsays! 

I’m leaning heavily towards school social work, my dream job would be as a school social worker. However I have also considered Children and Families...I have some experience in foster care and it seems a little more versatile, I worry about there being a lack of jobs for school social workers. 

I’ve been in nyc for ten years myself, although I’m lucky to live nearby in upper Manhattan.