MFA Waitlist Babies

soootired

Hi, starting this topic to help Visual/Inter/Multi waitlisters track the last leg of this round. One of the major final acceptance weeks has passed (between April 15th-19th), so many should be hearing something soon. If you are/were on a waitlist and have heard back from any of your schools (in terms of acceptance, # of others on list) would you post as you discover? The other major thread is mostly at the stage of deciding which programs to accept and financial info., so didn't want to get lost in there. Doesn't matter which program as long as this potentially helps someone get the answers that they need to stop stressing and move on. Good luck!

I'll start: MICA Mount Royal and Rinehart according to the original waitlist notifications will notify April 21st. I got those first letters 2 days after mailing, so we might find out by Friday, Saturday, early next week?

Thanks!

Hi, starting this topic to help Visual/Inter/Multi waitlisters track the last leg of this round. One of the major final acceptance weeks has passed (between April 15th-19th), so many should be hearing something soon. If you are/were on a waitlist and have heard back from any of your schools (in terms of acceptance, # of others on list) would you post as you discover? The other major thread is mostly at the stage of deciding which programs to accept and financial info., so didn't want to get lost in there. Doesn't matter which program as long as this potentially helps someone get the answers that they need to stop stressing and move on. Good luck!

I'll start: MICA Mount Royal and Rinehart according to the original waitlist notifications will notify April 21st. I got those first letters 2 days after mailing, so we might find out by Friday, Saturday, early next week?

Thanks!

turned down SAIC sculpture today fyi...

Hi again and thanks for participating you guys. I can see from the # of views that inquiring minds want to know.

Okay, via email about an hour ago:

MICA Rinehart: all spaces have commitment; something may open in the future, but for now you can read that as "all positions accepted". Record # of applicants. :/

MICA Mount Royal: there are still spaces available and an additional update will be made by May 5th from the waitlist.

There was also a light request from the school to let them know if you are no longer interested in being on the waitlist.

If it makes a difference to any of you, the alternates were not ranked. I'm sure that they had a couple of people that they couldn't do without, but from what I was told when I spoke to them, they like to form classes according to the types of artists in the group and not necessarily on talent alone. So, alternates were chosen according to what the projected class looked like. Wow this is stressful.

Congrats to the Mount Royal person and fingers/eyes/toes crossed for the rest of you! One of us has to get in dammit! :)

Hi again and thanks for participating you guys. I can see from the # of views that inquiring minds want to know.

Okay, via email about an hour ago:

MICA Rinehart: all spaces have commitment; something may open in the future, but for now you can read that as "all positions accepted". Record # of applicants. :/

MICA Mount Royal: there are still spaces available and an additional update will be made by May 5th from the waitlist.

There was also a light request from the school to let them know if you are no longer interested in being on the waitlist.

If it makes a difference to any of you, the alternates were not ranked. I'm sure that they had a couple of people that they couldn't do without, but from what I was told when I spoke to them, they like to form classes according to the types of artists in the group and not necessarily on talent alone. So, alternates were chosen according to what the projected class looked like. Wow this is stressful.

Congrats to the Mount Royal person and fingers/eyes/toes crossed for the rest of you! One of us has to get in dammit! :)

I heard from my friend that there is a VERY GOOD chance that he might not end up at Mount Royal which would open up another spot! Hang in there Mt. Royal waitlisters!

Been hit. Go on...without...me.... So close. Twice. Rrr.

Anyone waiting on Mount Royal that hasn't heard from them yet might want to make other plans. Everyone who has been offered a spot has accepted. Via email this afternoon. There might be openings if someone withdraws, so admissions isn't officially "closed", but it's a bit of a lottery situation and a quick relocation. Record # of applicants and all that; hopefully, there will be more gainfully employed artists next year. ;)

Good luck to anyone still waiting. We've been at this for at least 1/2 a year and anyone who hasn't torn the rest of their hair out is aces in my book. Also, hats off to those of you doing this for an exhausting second or third time. No idea how you did it.

If I find anything out from my painting/photog friends, I'll pass it on. 1st some cheesecake therapy, then back to the studio....