Divinity School Programs: German Language or Gov Service Focus

gaulsa

Question

Hello! I just recently finished my sophomore year of college, and am at the moment heavily considering attending Divinity School after I graduate.

As the title implies, I was hoping to hear from current/former divinity school students (or anyone else) who knows of div programs in which language education/study also plays a large role. I am a double major (or potentially just minor) in German language.

I am aware of some (Harvard, U of Chicago) which I believe offer such programs, but I also don't fully understand the role that each language plays for them. As an aside, I also don't believe that U of Chicago Divinity School is confessionally-Christian like many other div schools (e.g Duke). Does anyone have any experience there?

Also, it may be useful to know that at the moment, I do not feel a call to ordination, and thus would be studying to receive a Master of Theological Studies or equivalent. Div school would largely be for my own personal spiritual growth, as well as academics.

Another interest would be in any programs with available concentrations in public/government service.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet