Fall 2021 Choosing?

kelley12d

How do you narrow down where you want to attend? Obviously I want the most aid I can get, but how do you know who will offer good packages? 

I'm currently in CA but want to be either by the Great Lakes or East Coast. I would LOVE to be able to combine something with spirituality (divinity?) and Social Work. I looked heavily into University of Michigan as they have a Jewish fellowship offering, but had no idea the school was so competitive.

I've also looked at West Chester University as I would love to be somewhere near Philadelphia if the right package was given. But I'm totally open to somewhere else too. 

I got my Bachleor's in Global Studies and currently work in Compliance for a CBO but don't - at all - know the graduate school landscape. I'm 32 and have been out of the loop for some time. Where to begin? Can I even connect spirituality and a social work at the master's level? Thank you!

1 hour ago, kelley12d said:

How do you narrow down where you want to attend? Obviously I want the most aid I can get, but how do you know who will offer good packages? 

I'm currently in CA but want to be either by the Great Lakes or East Coast. I would LOVE to be able to combine something with spirituality (divinity?) and Social Work. I looked heavily into University of Michigan as they have a Jewish fellowship offering, but had no idea the school was so competitive.

I've also looked at West Chester University as I would love to be somewhere near Philadelphia if the right package was given. But I'm totally open to somewhere else too. 

I got my Bachleor's in Global Studies and currently work in Compliance for a CBO but don't - at all - know the graduate school landscape. I'm 32 and have been out of the loop for some time. Where to begin? Can I even connect spirituality and a social work at the master's level? Thank you!

I, too have been doing my research for MSW programs for fall 2021. 

besides choosing a school that may be a Jewish or Jesuit school. There are some dual degree options. I know University of Denver had an MSW & MA in Pastoral and Spiritual Care or an MSW & Master of Divinity. 

NYU had an online spirituality certificate program. Which I also believed examined  how spirituality Intersects with contemporary issues. 

hope this helped! Good luck finding a school and program you enjoy. 

Edited by LML2021

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, kelley12d said:

I just started narrowing down my list for fall 2021 apps. I started with the cswe directory and there's a place on there to select dual degree and/or certificates that include some religious studies.

https://www.cswe.org/Accreditation/Directory-of-Accredited-Programs.aspx