A list of universities doing good in Computational Statistics

Dear All,

I need a little helping hand from you. I suppose some of the users in this forum have a good idea regarding which universities have expertise on which field. So could it be possible for you to tell me which of the following universities' Statistics departments can be considered as a good option for a student who would like to end up doing PhD in the broad area of Computational Statistics. More specifically in the following areas:- Statistical aspects of Machine Learning (Statistical Learning), High Dimensional Inference & Data Analysis, Bayesian Computation, non-parametric methods, Topological+Functional Data Analysis, model-selection (say LASSO, penalized optimization related  works). 

I would not expect but if anyone can provide a ranking (based on say the amount of people associated in these areas, reputation of the department considering these topics, Or the possibility of hosting a great research community in these areas in near future), it will be highly appreciated. 

I beg your pardon in advance as the list is not small and it may not be possible for someone to know about every nook and corner of each department. So, replies from several from users will be grateful who can at least tell what the department is good at. I hope the answers would surely help lots of people who are basically aiming for good (not the very top ones) universities in the above areas. The list follows.

(1) University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (2) The Ohio State University, (3) Iowa State University, (4) Pennsylvania State University, (5) University of Georgia,   (6) UC Davis, (7) UCLA, (8) UC Irvine, (9) UC Riverside, (10) Rutgers University, (11) University of Connecticut, (12) University of Iowa, (13) University of Colorado, (14) Colorado State University, (15) Oregon State University, (16) Temple University, (17) Virginia Tech, (18) George Washington University, (19) University of South Carolina, (20) University of Texas-Austin, (21) Northwestern University, (22) University of Pittsburgh, (23) Rice University, (24) Florida State University, (25) University of Florida, (26) University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign

Edited by Anonymous04
grammar mistake