uchicago harris mpp vs ford mpp vs nyu wagner mpa health policy and management

blit

Question

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, blit said:

hi i got into all three programs and don’t know where to go. which one is the better program? i want to go into healthcare policy (preferably political strategy and lobbying). 

In order to give you a solid recommendation, there needs to be a lot more clarity from you.

1. Do you have a regional preference on where you end up (by saying the words lobbying and political strategy), it suggests to me you want to end up in DC, but I can't be sure?

2. How sure you want to do Healthcare Policy? I say this because most people I know that go to policy school, have some degree of change in their policy interests. If you are dead set because you have a lifelong mission, that would be good to know. If it is an interest area with possibility for change, that is also good to know. 

3. What type of job do you want? Is it on the analytical side? Is it on the policy management side? Local side? etc. etc. etc. 

4. And obviously, who is offering you what scholarship? That can change the equation