Non-Euclidean Geometry and Games

insanbelti4

I've been spending some time thinking about the (gaming oriented) simulation of planets and doing research about how such computations would work. I've had a little background in Newtonian physics and was theoretically comfortable in this aspect of planet simulation, it is theoretical since I haven't actually done any practical work implementing this in a 3D space application.

However, I've had very little knowledge about the visualising aspect of spherical planets - it's one thing to deal with 3D geometry based upon a (Euclidean) square plane but it's a whole different game when based upon spheres. There are various educational resources on the web regarding the mapping of (Euclidean) level geometry onto sphere(like) planets. I was happy to continue down this pathway until I remembered an inkling about non-Euclidean geometries. This led me to this particular article: https://medium.com/@ZenoRogue/non-euclidean-geometry-and-games-fb46989320d4

This article is my starting point for further education into the universe of non-Euclidean geometry. I feel that I intend to implement my work with this basis rather than the basis of Euclidean geometry. I thought that this introduction to non-Euclidean geometry would be interesting to other computer scientists.

5 hours ago, insanbelti4 said:

I've been spending some time thinking about the (gaming oriented) simulation of planets and doing research about how such computations would work. I've had a little background in Newtonian physics and was theoretically comfortable in this aspect of planet simulation, it is theoretical since I haven't actually done any practical work implementing this in a 3D space application. cannabis cbd flower for sale

However, I've had very little knowledge about the visualising aspect of spherical planets - it's one thing to deal with 3D geometry based upon a (Euclidean) square plane but it's a whole different game when based upon spheres. There are various educational resources on the web regarding the mapping of (Euclidean) level geometry onto sphere(like) planets. I was happy to continue down this pathway until I remembered an inkling about non-Euclidean geometries. This led me to this particular article: https://medium.com/@ZenoRogue/non-euclidean-geometry-and-games-fb46989320d4

This article is my starting point for further education into the universe of non-Euclidean geometry. I feel that I intend to implement my work with this basis rather than the basis of Euclidean geometry. I thought that this introduction to non-Euclidean geometry would be interesting to other computer scientists.

issue egot slvedd