I can't stop editing my Personal Statement. Am I going crazy?

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to lie, version 26 seems excessive. I expect that at this point you're not really improving things, just fiddling.  I'd recommend getting a couple of outside opinions (if you haven't already), making the changes they suggest, and then putting it away. Then do one final read through before it's time to submit.

That's just my two cents though.

• 4 weeks later...

How different are the 26 versions???? There is one of you, yes people are very complicated but I can't imagine there are 26 very different ways to present yourself.....if there are I would suggest working on that first....

If your different versions are minor edits, then I would redefine what versions you are keeping track of and get an outside opinion. When you edit things, ask yourself why your doing it. Is it to clarify a sentence that was previously vague? There is a threshold of good enough-you know where you stand with your grades, work experience etc.