Grad school choices

Aristos

Question

I am considering grad school in either Political Theory or IR. If I go with PT, I am afraid that I will not find jobs in the future. Since some universities am applying have Straussian depts. Should I worry about that?. Any advice? the universities are Yale, Boston C, Duke, Harvard, Chicago and others
P.S I cannot entirely agree with ALL of Strauss's thoughts. Nonetheless, I hold him high as a scholar of HPT.

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Aristos said:

I am considering grad school in either Political Theory or IR. If I go with PT, I am afraid that I will not find jobs in the future. Since some universities am applying have Straussian depts. Should I worry about that?. Any advice? the universities are Yale, Boston C, Duke, Harvard, Chicago and others
P.S I cannot entirely agree with ALL of Strauss's thoughts. Nonetheless, I hold him high as a scholar of HPT.

Assuming you like IR, you should go IR. Endless realm of career opportunities and back up career opportunities. Political theory is by far the most stunted of all the Poly-Scii fields. Even in the UK, where theory is historically King, they are moving away from theory to methods based research.