Applying for masters in USA while studying masters at a local university.

Hi, I am from India, and I want to apply for masters in USA for fall 2021; however, I have started studying Masters in Mechanical Engineering this October from the one of the best university's in India. So, my dilemma is whether I should mention in my SOP and resume about my admission in the local university. Would it be a negative that I am applying for masters in USA even after getting admitted for masters at local university? Masters at my local university is a 2 year course, and if I get admitted in USA for fall 2021, I would have to leave my current masters in between. Therefore, it would be helpful if anybody could suggest what should I do?   

You definitely would need to disclose that on your application, because it would be considered lying by omission not to and could result in rescinded offers. However, to be frank, unless you have a very, VERY good reason, starting a master's program and failing to complete it will be a huge red flag on your application. It makes it seem like you don't know what you want and don't follow through. My recommendation would be to finish your current program and then apply for PhD programs in the US, if you really want to study in the US.