Do you need to talk about research interests in an SOP for a non-thesis masters program that isn't research-focused?

I'm applying for an MA in TESOL with a K-12 public school certificate track. From my understanding of the program, it is mostly focused on preparing for teaching in a public school classroom. The guidelines of the SOP are a bit broad and just say that it should address my objectives for graduate study, how the degree will help me achieve my goals and how my academic and professional experience have led me to apply to that program. The degree doesn't seem to be have a research component other than a master's project in the final semester, but that is described as "a review of literature on a scholarly topic or a practice motivated review of literature." Am I still expected to identify research interests in my SOP or is it better to save the space and talk about something else e.g. my career goals, my work experience, etc.?