Peggy Guggenheim Internship Program 2021

mmarcelalopezs

Hello
I found some useful information about previous applicants and wanted to connect with those who applied for next year. The acceptance email for the January/May applicants are supposed to be sent next Sunday, any other candidates around? Let's wait together ?

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, mariahdontcarey said:

I applied for July and August of 2021! I guess I was supposed to get notified today about the results.. haven’t heard anything yet :/ anyone here also waiting for the email? 

I’m also waiting on an email, I applied for the fall. I’ve been nervous since applying that somehow my application didn’t get there because mail has been crazy and everything, but I see no reason why my application would have gotten lost. But it’s good to know someone else hasn’t heard, so maybe it’s just all delayed due to COVID or whatever else? 

4 minutes ago, Lillygarnet29 said:

I’m also waiting on an email, I applied for the fall. I’ve been nervous since applying that somehow my application didn’t get there because mail has been crazy and everything, but I see no reason why my application would have gotten lost. But it’s good to know someone else hasn’t heard, so maybe it’s just all delayed due to COVID or whatever else? 

Omg same ahahah I’ve been so nervous about the application arriving or not! But I’m sure everything went well! Yes, very good to know someone is feeling as stressed as I am! I’m assuming covid delayed things, because we are supposed to get an email even if we don’t get in... 

5 minutes ago, vives said:

Hello! I was also stressed about it, but just read this warning on the website! Good luck everyone!

Notification to all applicants is postponed by a few weeks with respects to dates originally communicated.

Oh thanks for finding and posting that. Definitely good to know so that I don't jump every time my phone buzzes hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No news here either. I did notice that their website now says that the museum is "closed until further notice" and earlier it was open twice a week. I'm assuming that the closure is holding up applications even more, given that the original notice said that notification would be a few weeks late and it's now been almost a month and a half. Just trying to remain patient and calm lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, here is some news! There was a lot of stuff about the unstable situation due to coronavirus and that they are now unsure how the internship program is going to function, if it is going to be open at all in the next several months because of the dire situation in Italy (although, they have just shifted to yellow zone, from orange and red ones, so it seems that there is at least some positive dynamic in this regard).
1. They said that all the positions for summer have been already taken/assigned.

2. Though, there is still hope for people who were flexible in their choice of months, since the selection process is still going on for them.

3. So, if you haven't received any official notification by now, it means that PGM is still evaluating your application and you still might have a chance to go there.

4. Almost a quote: It is their highest priority to inform all the candidates as soon as the opportunity arises, when they can gauge how many interns they could accept.

Hope that helps!

On 4/19/2021 at 2:43 PM, Lillygarnet29 said:

Please keep us updated on any response! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why but I didn't receive any notifications I just saw it. Thank you so much!!

On 4/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, hyperplaus said:

Hello everyone, here is some news! There was a lot of stuff about the unstable situation due to coronavirus and that they are now unsure how the internship program is going to function, if it is going to be open at all in the next several months because of the dire situation in Italy (although, they have just shifted to yellow zone, from orange and red ones, so it seems that there is at least some positive dynamic in this regard).
1. They said that all the positions for summer have been already taken/assigned.

2. Though, there is still hope for people who were flexible in their choice of months, since the selection process is still going on for them.

3. So, if you haven't received any official notification by now, it means that PGM is still evaluating your application and you still might have a chance to go there.

4. Almost a quote: It is their highest priority to inform all the candidates as soon as the opportunity arises, when they can gauge how many interns they could accept.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I received an email just yesterday in which they informed me that I was added to a shortlist because the number of interns had to be cut down for this year and they couldn't grant me a position at the moment. So I'm still hoping that somehow I can get the opportunity whether someone refuses or they manage to hire more interns in the next months. 

I wish you luck! 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:41 PM, callmedesdenova said:

Hello! I received an email just yesterday in which they informed me that I was added to a shortlist because the number of interns had to be cut down for this year and they couldn't grant me a position at the moment. So I'm still hoping that somehow I can get the opportunity whether someone refuses or they manage to hire more interns in the next months. 

I wish you luck! 

Oh thank you for replying! I got the same email :( I hope we will get our chance and I wish you luck too! :) 

• 1 month later...