KAUST 2021 - Spring Session

Abdul Waris

Hey!

I had applied to KAUST on 7th-Sept-2020. Haven't heard from them for an interview till now. 
I have contacted a Prof, and I was informed that the admission interviews may begin by December 2020. 

I hope to open up this thread for all those who've applied at KAUST, so as to share the interview experience and updates regarding the admission procedure. 

Hope we do get through!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

any apdates on your application?

I have a personal interview with them next week and so anxious x(

If someone had taken their 2nd interview with KAUST please tell us how it went and what they focused on with their questions.

All the best

• 1 month later...

Hi, my application had been transferred to the Fall 2021 session as my Professor emailed me and wanted to evaluate all applications together in the Fall session instead of Spring 2021 (my guess being, he did this due to the pandemic). 

So, now I had my 2nd interview (personal interview) on 1st-June-2021. They cordially struck the conversation and mainly asked some general questions like

• 'Why KAUST?',
  • hobbies,
  • whether I have travelled to different places, or am I more kind of home-loving person?
  • If not KAUST then what is your plan-B?
  • How important is acceptance from KAUST to you?
  • Any other colleges where you have applied to?

They may ask a question regarding your views about Saudi Arabia, this is bit more personal (uncomfortable, I guess). So, be careful in the choice of your words. You wouldn't want to spoil all your hardwork by wrong choice of words. 

That's it. Overall they help you get comfortable and ask all such questions in a friendly way. 
Be confident, do let them know how important KAUST is to you; that's the key.

Hope this helps someone somewhere trying his best to get admitted. :)