Profile Evaluation?

irh4256

Hello everyone, I am fairly new here but I am somewhat stressed over the application process and wanted to get a decent idea of where is most realistic for me at this time. Thank you for your time and understanding!

Institution (Both Undergraduate and Graduate): Top 15 Public University - I am in a joint-degree program at the same institution. Undergrad GPA is 3.74 and Grad GPA is 4.00

Major: Undergraduate was International Affairs, Graduate is International Policy 

LOR: (all professors) My department head, the director of my graduate program, and another former professor who has supervised a previous research project 

GRE: Only applying to programs with optional GRE requirement (except for 1-2 programs where I am hoping to make up for my average-ish score with work/research experience)

SOP: I had applied to Fulbright earlier in the semester and this was loosely based on the puzzles/theory building I laid out in that SOP. For each program, I also tried to detail specific professors whose work I have been following/professors I have had a correspondence with 

Writing Sample: My master's degree did not have a formal thesis (has a capstone project my final semester) so I set up an informal thesis/independent study course under the supervision of two professors 

Subfields. Comparative Politics and IR

Research/Work Experience: Have one published white paper, a handful of supervised research projects, and interned for an agricultural development NGO in their M&E department doing data management/visualization

Schools: Harvard, Princeton, UChicago, Yale, MIT, Georgetown, John Hopkins, NYU, LSE, Oxford, Northwestern, UCL, and Duke 

Edited by irh4256
forgot some info

On 12/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, irh4256 said:

Hello everyone, I am fairly new here but I am somewhat stressed over the application process and wanted to get a decent idea of where is most realistic for me at this time. Thank you for your time and understanding!

Institution (Both Undergraduate and Graduate): Top 15 Public University - I am in a joint-degree program at the same institution. Undergrad GPA is 3.74 and Grad GPA is 4.00

Major: Undergraduate was International Affairs, Graduate is International Policy 

LOR: (all professors) My department head, the director of my graduate program, and another former professor who has supervised a previous research project 

GRE: Only applying to programs with optional GRE requirement (except for 1-2 programs where I am hoping to make up for my average-ish score with work/research experience)

SOP: I had applied to Fulbright earlier in the semester and this was loosely based on the puzzles/theory building I laid out in that SOP. For each program, I also tried to detail specific professors whose work I have been following/professors I have had a correspondence with 

Writing Sample: My master's degree did not have a formal thesis (has a capstone project my final semester) so I set up an informal thesis/independent study course under the supervision of two professors 

Subfields. Comparative Politics and IR

Research/Work Experience: Have one published white paper, a handful of supervised research projects, and interned for an agricultural development NGO in their M&E department doing data management/visualization

Schools: Harvard, Princeton, UChicago, Yale, MIT, Georgetown, John Hopkins, NYU, LSE, Oxford, Northwestern, UCL, and Duke 

As I've said to others, I think you have a good chance of getting at least one admit, and perhaps more.  This year is weird because of COVID and the lack of GRE, but I wouldn't stress too much.  

• 2 weeks later...