Mistakes on Resume and Personal Statement Submitted

A314148857

Question

Hi everyone! I am an international applicant. As I was re-editing my resume and personal statement to be submitted to other schools, I realized one of the time ranges is not aligned with the rest on my resume (pretty off, actually) along with few grammar mistakes on my statement. Is it wise and worth it to email admission office and ask them if I can upload an updated version? 

1 answer to this question

I think this would depend on the due date of the application, so if it was due at the beginning of December, I would not ask them if you can resubmit, but if it was due in January, you could write them, and see if they would be willing to accept a resubmission. Also, if you are going to have an interview with them, that is something that you could clarify! Also, if the grammar mistakes do not impede understanding, I do not think that it justifies a resubmission unless you are applying to an MA or PhD in English, then it probably does matter a lot. I personally would not ask for a resubmission because if they need clarification on dates, they can reach out to you. Also, regarding grammar errors, while you don't want to have them in your SOP, it is not the end of the world. As long as they can understand what you are trying to communicate, it should not be a problem.