Perimeter Institute Masters Decision for FALL 2021

sjshuvo70

Hey, I'm in the same situation. What have they told you at the end of the interview, btw? I was told to "expect to hear from them shortly".

I have just assumed I am rejected, since there were acceptances already in December and it seems like everyone who was ever accepted to the program has received an acceptance letter 2-5 days after the interview.

In case you hear from them, please post here. I'll do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder how long until we get our rejection letters LOL

It's so weird they mention in the website that the Early Decision is to let people know they have been rejected soon enough to look for other options but have released no rejection so far!

Btw, have you guys got into any other masters/PhD program?

qm_or_gr exactly man.  

At this point I am assuming I got rejected from everywhere I applied. Lmao :v Only Cornell was gracious enough to email me the rejection. xD

Anyways, best of luck yall. I think I will take a months break after all this mess. Gonnan play some warzone :v 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, PhysicsCat said:

Hey,
I applied to the Feb deadline, but haven't heard anything yet. Good luck guys!

Good luck! Let us know of your outcome!

On 2/27/2021 at 6:51 PM, sjshuvo70 said:

qm_or_gr exactly man.  

At this point I am assuming I got rejected from everywhere I applied. Lmao :v Only Cornell was gracious enough to email me the rejection. xD

Anyways, best of luck yall. I think I will take a months break after all this mess. Gonnan play some warzone :v 

Yeah, it's best to just chill and recall luck plays a huge part in admissions. We did all we could!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 8:42 PM, sjshuvo70 said:

Sure. Thanks guys. So i applied to 8 places and already got rejected by 4. Haven't heard anything from the other places as well. So I am assuming I will get rejected anyways LOL :v  

Are you American? Have you applied only to US, besides PI?

I got into Cambridge Part iii! I have only applied to three programs (all masters): PSI, Part iii and UChicago MS-PSD.

22 hours ago, qm_or_gr said:

Are you American? Have you applied only to US, besides PI?

I got into Cambridge Part iii! I have only applied to three programs (all masters): PSI, Part iii and UChicago MS-PSD.

Congrats on Cambridge! Did you get into Part iii for applied maths, or for physics? 

20 hours ago, qm_or_gr said:

Thanks!

Applied Math! Have you applied to Cambridge as well?

I have, but for the physics part iii. The wait is so painful! I applied before the funding deadline in Jan, but the website says they only look at all applications together after the course deadline, which was only last week :( We're meant to hear by mid April...

2 hours ago, PhysicsCat said:

I have, but for the physics part iii. The wait is so painful! I applied before the funding deadline in Jan, but the website says they only look at all applications together after the course deadline, which was only last week :( We're meant to hear by mid April...

I see! I had no idea Physics Part iii takes even longer! I know your feeling, I was dying checking the website everyday...

How about Perimeter? No news yet?

21 hours ago, qm_or_gr said:

I see! I had no idea Physics Part iii takes even longer! I know your feeling, I was dying checking the website everyday...

How about Perimeter? No news yet?

Unfortunately nothing yet for Perimeter either. I saw one person post about getting an interview request, but nothing else...

Edited by PhysicsCat

1 hour ago, qm_or_gr said:

I just got my acceptance letter to Perimeter. That was highly unexpected...

Now I have no clue how to decide between Perimeter and Cambridge...

I was checking the decisions submissions, saw an acceptance posted and came straight here hoping it was you! 

Big congratulations!!! That is a really tough decision.... Do you have funding for both?

16 minutes ago, PhysicsCat said:

I was checking the decisions submissions, saw an acceptance posted and came straight here hoping it was you! 

Big congratulations!!! That is a really tough decision.... Do you have funding for both?

Thank you! For PSI I have funding (as does everyone accepted), but for Cambridge I don't know yet. Some scholarships are awarded up to July...

5 minutes ago, qm_or_gr said:

Thank you! For PSI I have funding (as does everyone accepted), but for Cambridge I don't know yet. Some scholarships are awarded up to July...

I saw you have to make a decision about PSI by 30 March. Fingers crossed you hear about Cambridge funding before then!

Best of luck for the decision. Please let us know what you decide :)

On 3/16/2021 at 4:01 PM, PhysicsCat said:

I saw you have to make a decision about PSI by 30 March. Fingers crossed you hear about Cambridge funding before then!

Best of luck for the decision. Please let us know what you decide :)

I have decided to go to PSI! Please let me know about your results as well, fingers crossed you will hear very soon!

On 3/16/2021 at 6:33 PM, qm_or_gr said:

I just got my acceptance letter to Perimeter. That was highly unexpected...

Now I have no clue how to decide between Perimeter and Cambridge...

My congratulations!!!

I have also applied to PSI more than 4 months ago (early deadline) and have neither answer no interview. Do not know what to think right now...

4 hours ago, PavloKashko said:

My congratulations!!!

I have also applied to PSI more than 4 months ago (early deadline) and have neither answer no interview. Do not know what to think right now...

Honestly, I guess nobody knows... =/