Opinions on UK schools for master's in public policy

sk2022

Question

Hello all, I'm an international student looking to apply for master's in public policy and considering UK as an option. Would love to get some opinions on schools in the UK, particularly York, Bristol, UCL and KCL for this course and about their reputation in general.

I intend to work abroad (for a few years) after completing my degree, in the private sector or at an international organization.

1 answer to this question

On 1/29/2021 at 5:56 PM, sukriti27 said:

Hello all, I'm an international student looking to apply for master's in public policy and considering UK as an option. Would love to get some opinions on schools in the UK, particularly York, Bristol, UCL and KCL for this course and about their reputation in general.

I intend to work abroad (for a few years) after completing my degree, in the private sector or at an international organization.

York is supposed to be very good. My sister works at ILO and she said that they often take research help from the faculty there. Imo, UK and US are both unparalleled irrespective of the course/stream, but personally, I feel it doesn't make sense to do an MPP from UK as the courses are all 1y only! :( More so, given the pandemic, the cultural / non-academic exposure will already be limited, so might as well do it for 2y elsewhere.