Noticeable typo in CV! Should I reach out to admissions?

AstroApplicant

Question

Hello!

I just realized that I have a typo in the CV that I sent out to all of the graduate programs I applied to. I misspelled "relevant coursework"  as "relavent coursework" What makes it worse is that this is in the one of my section headers, so it is in larger font and capitalized. I am pretty much freaking out right now. I went over and over my CV very thoroughly before submitting, but I somehow managed to miss this. I am wondering if I should reach out to the admissions committees at these schools and ask to send in an updated CV (potentially not telling them why I need to update it). Would that be a good idea, or would they be more likely to notice the error then? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, AstroApplicant said:

Hello!

I just realized that I have a typo in the CV that I sent out to all of the graduate programs I applied to. I misspelled "relevant coursework"  as "relavent coursework" What makes it worse is that this is in the one of my section headers, so it is in larger font and capitalized. I am pretty much freaking out right now. I went over and over my CV very thoroughly before submitting, but I somehow managed to miss this. I am wondering if I should reach out to the admissions committees at these schools and ask to send in an updated CV (potentially not telling them why I need to update it). Would that be a good idea, or would they be more likely to notice the error then? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I think that depends on when the deadline was. If it was within the week then sure email them, but if it was back in early December I personally would not.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision for yourself.