Boston U Phd (Ed Studies)

Cheeseman

Has anyone heard anything from Boston U. They mentioned that interviews would be requested late January, but I haven't seen any record of anyone getting them. Are they just delayed? Or am I SOL bc I haven't been invited to one? Many thanks and good luck!  

Hi Cheeseman, 

I also applied to BU PhD in education but my program is language and literacy education, different from yours. I have yet to hear back from them either, but the graduate office writes in their email that "PhD applications are under review but will wrap up in the next few weeks" without mentioning interviews. Not sure if all programs in BU Wheelock will have interviews or if the reply I received can be applied to other programs. Hope it can help a bit, tho.

16 hours ago, LilyKitty said:

Hi guys,

I received rejection from BU this afternoon. The program I applied to is Language & Literacy Education.

Hi, I applied to the same program and I received a rejection too. Since I wasn't invited to an interview, I was expecting this result ? I hope you can receive an acceptance in other place! 

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWaiting43 said:

Hi, I applied to the same program and I received a rejection too. Since I wasn't invited to an interview, I was expecting this result ? I hope you can receive an acceptance in other place! 

Thank you so much! I didn’t get interviewed either. My POI emailed me that they received many applications this year and the program is too small. They have to match applicants to multiple faculty. I hope you can get acceptance from another school you like too!:)