Fall 2021 Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto

reb2345

28 minutes ago, reb2345 said:

Ahhh congrats!! How are you gonna prepare for this?! Super nervous haha

I honestly don't know! I'm probably going to look online for interview tips and try and find past/current students who could maybe give me some advice. But I guess we have to wait and see how it's going to be.

When is your interview? Mine's on the 19th

1 hour ago, heythere313 said:

I honestly don't know! I'm probably going to look online for interview tips and try and find past/current students who could maybe give me some advice. But I guess we have to wait and see how it's going to be.

When is your interview? Mine's on the 19th

Mine is on the 23rd :) 

6 hours ago, healthinformatics6 said:

hi! congrats to everyone who has gotten interviews :) do you guys mind sharing your stats and/or experience?

i have a psych/crim background but i did an independent research project and worked as a research volunteer for a couple months. My research focused on interventions in the health care system. I also have a couple volunteer opportunities, but they are not related to the health care sector. I was fairly surprised i got an interview offer though  :D 

my cgpa is around a 3.15 but my last year gpa is around 3.8. hope this helps   :) 

7 hours ago, healthinformatics6 said:

hi! congrats to everyone who has gotten interviews :) do you guys mind sharing your stats and/or experience?

im in my final year of life science right now and i have volunteer experience in healthcare and outside of healthcare, although none of them have anything to do with programming. I am also completing my thesis and have been conducting research with this supervisor for about a year now. my research focuses on testing the validity of a few softwares when computing a specific evolutionary metric.

my cgpa is not the best but my last year gpa is so war a 3.5+. i'm still genuinely surprised that i got an interview cuz i know for a fact there are people out there with a better academic standing than me. i hope anyone who hasnt gotten an interview email yet gets one soon, and good luck to everyone who has an interview time!

Hi! I also received an invite; mine is on the 23rd. 

Similar to those mentioned above, I have completed several research projects and published my work in scientific journals. I've been volunteering in hospitals since 2014, but no coding experience. I'm currently working on an etool for a large hospital in toronto. My stats were cGPA 3.8 and last 2 years was a 4.0 GPA. My degree is heavily involved in the clinical setting.

Good luck everyone :)

Hi! Congrats to everyone who has received an interview, I just got mine for the 24th! 

I have a background in Biology and Computer science with 2 years of work experience in Data Science - working with both public health data and private mental health data. My stats are pretty low overall but I had a 3.7 gpa in my last year. 

Good luck to everyone moving forward, this interview seems like it's going to be a tricky one. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats guys!

By admissions portal, do you mean ACORN or the SGS Admissions Application? I'm having trouble accessing both for some reason (I contacted Admissions and hopefully it will be fixed soon) so I have not been able to check either.

Did you guys get an email at all or was it just the portal?

8 hours ago, heythere313 said:

Congrats guys!

By admissions portal, do you mean ACORN or the SGS Admissions Application? I'm having trouble accessing both for some reason (I contacted Admissions and hopefully it will be fixed soon) so I have not been able to check either.

Did you guys get an email at all or was it just the portal?

Hey! I got an email telling me and also another email saying that a decision has been made on SGS portal. 

Hey Guys, Congrats to those of you who have already received an admission offer! 

Is anyone in here interviewing for the EMHI program? I have my interview coming up on the 16th. Just wondering if the interviews are typically the same for both programs. 

For those of you who already did the interview, did you speak with multiple faculty members like in previous years with 3 ,15 minute sections ? 

Thanks and best of luck to everyone :)

On 3/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, Alex8889 said:

Hey Guys, Congrats to those of you who have already received an admission offer! 

Is anyone in here interviewing for the EMHI program? I have my interview coming up on the 16th. Just wondering if the interviews are typically the same for both programs. 

For those of you who already did the interview, did you speak with multiple faculty members like in previous years with 3 ,15 minute sections ? 

Thanks and best of luck to everyone :)

good luck on your interview!

and yes, i spoke with 3 faculty members and had to prepare a presentation. 

Hey guys i’m a pharmacy graduate and i applied for mhi program and i got my interview on the 16th ... would anyone from those who did the interview please tell me what questions are they asking ?? And would you please give me any tips for preparing knowing that i applied for the regular mhi but my interview is for the executive mhi ?‍♂️ .. thank you in advance 

14 hours ago, Abdelanwar said:

Hey guys i’m a pharmacy graduate and i applied for mhi program and i got my interview on the 16th ... would anyone from those who did the interview please tell me what questions are they asking ?? And would you please give me any tips for preparing knowing that i applied for the regular mhi but my interview is for the executive mhi ?‍♂️ .. thank you in advance 

hey yes good luck for your interview! I got my offer for the regular stream, but the interview questions were mostly about my previous experiences (e.g. talk about a time you had a conflict with someone... what was your proudest achievement) and they also asked about my short and long term goals (and how this program will help me achieve these goals) 

2 hours ago, ish123 said:

hey yes good luck for your interview! I got my offer for the regular stream, but the interview questions were mostly about my previous experiences (e.g. talk about a time you had a conflict with someone... what was your proudest achievement) and they also asked about my short and long term goals (and how this program will help me achieve these goals) 

Ohh looks like it will be tough ... thank you for your reply i really appreciate it and i’m so glad you got your offer ... congratulations !