Fall 2021 Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto

reb2345

On 3/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, bobagirl said:

I checked my sgs uoft portal and my application status is still "under review." Should I assume I didn't get an offer since people started hearing back already?? 

hey! I wouldn't lose hope yet since interviews are still going on. I had my interview already and i'm waiting to hear back too

4 hours ago, TacoMars said:

When was your interview? I’m still waiting back as well

My interview was back in February so i'm seriously starting to lose hope as the days go on. When I emailed them they said interviews happen throughout March and acceptances are sent out in April so I guess that's kinda reassuring...ish

3 hours ago, laurru said:

Hi! I just got my acceptance - also from the admissions portal! :) Good luck to everyone! 

congrats!!! my application still says 'under review'

Hey guys, 

I received my acceptance for MHI at UofT as well! Congrats to everyone who received their offer and looking forward to seeing you there. 

Since I'm from Ottawa, I was just wondering if the fall semester is online OR in person since I'm planning on eventually moving to Toronto for the summer but I want to be able to extend the period of living at home as much as possible as well.

4 minutes ago, applicant98 said:

I received my acceptance letter as well! Interviewed on Feb 18th.

Out of curiosity, is anyone applying to HI programs in the States?

I applied to university of Michigan! Did you apply there? If you did, did you hear back yet? 

9 minutes ago, reb2345 said:

I applied to university of Michigan! Did you apply there? If you did, did you hear back yet? 

Yes I applied there as well (along with a few other schools)! Haven't heard back yet.. but I got an email from them on Feb 16 saying they're starting to review it. I'm guessing it's just taking them a while

Just now, applicant98 said:

Yes I applied there as well (along with a few other schools)! Haven't heard back yet.. but I got an email from them on Feb 16 saying they're starting to review it. I'm guessing it's just taking them a while

Yeah same! Will you be accepting uoft? I can’t imagine paying the tuition for uofm without any funding from them ? it’s kind of crazy 

1 minute ago, reb2345 said:

Yeah same! Will you be accepting uoft? I can’t imagine paying the tuition for uofm without any funding from them ? it’s kind of crazy 

Ikr!! That's my dilemma right now :( UofT's definitely cheaper, but UofM might have a stronger program? Idk, are you leaning towards UofT?

Just now, applicant98 said:

Ikr!! That's my dilemma right now :( UofT's definitely cheaper, but UofM might have a stronger program? Idk, are you leaning towards UofT?

I have only have until next Thursday to accept my UofT offer ? I think I am leaning towards UofT though just because it’s a shorter program and I think it’s still an intensive program that really prepares you for the workforce. One of the main reasons I applied to UofM was because I would definitely like to work in the states after graduating which would be easier to do if you go to grad school there. I just can’t justify spending that much money when you can get pretty much the same experience here haha which one are you leaning on more? 

9 minutes ago, reb2345 said:

I have only have until next Thursday to accept my UofT offer ? I think I am leaning towards UofT though just because it’s a shorter program and I think it’s still an intensive program that really prepares you for the workforce. One of the main reasons I applied to UofM was because I would definitely like to work in the states after graduating which would be easier to do if you go to grad school there. I just can’t justify spending that much money when you can get pretty much the same experience here haha which one are you leaning on more? 

Yah I'm in the same boat - I might try working in the states post-grad, but the education is still solid at uoft so I'll probably go there. 

On 3/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, hasan1996 said:

Hey guys, 

I received my acceptance for MHI at UofT as well! Congrats to everyone who received their offer and looking forward to seeing you there. 

Since I'm from Ottawa, I was just wondering if the fall semester is online OR in person since I'm planning on eventually moving to Toronto for the summer but I want to be able to extend the period of living at home as much as possible as well.

Im doing my undergrad rn at UofT as well, and they sent an email earlier on saying they're hoping to move to in-person by fall. No official decisions yet but I believe we will know some time in the summer!

congrats on your acceptance and hope to see you in September :D