USC Vs. Purdue (online LDT program)

MillyMia

How are the online LDT(learning, design, and technology) master’s programs in USC and Purdue University? 

Are there any other great online LDT programs? 

Would love to hear what you all think. 

Thanks so much in advance!

2 hours ago, yayfortacos said:

I'm enamoured by Stanford's program but it's not online. Different from LDT but University of British Columbia's MET program and University of Edinburgh's MSC in Digital Education are both online. I'm almost finished with UBC's MET program, and I've enjoyed it.

Thank you! I’ve never thought of programs outside the U.S. But since I’m aiming for the online ones, I should really extend my options! I’ll take a look at the MET program from UBC. 

Are you applying for the LDT program for 2021, too? 

15 hours ago, MillyMia said:

Thank you! I’ve never thought of programs outside the U.S. But since I’m aiming for the online ones, I should really extend my options! I’ll take a look at the MET program from UBC. 

Are you applying for the LDT program for 2021, too? 

I looked into Stanford's LDT PhD and MIT's Lifelong Kindergarten, but I've applied to Language and Literacy programs at schools that excel at educational technology research, digital centres, labs, etc. I live in Canada, and though I'm from the U.S., I can't imagine going back for an extended period of time right now. Also, tuition for Canadian Education PhDs is less than $6000 a year and most programs are fully funded to $30k with additional funding opportunities.

Message me if you want to ask questions about MET.

4 hours ago, yayfortacos said:

I looked into Stanford's LDT PhD and MIT's Lifelong Kindergarten, but I've applied to Language and Literacy programs at schools that excel at educational technology research, digital centres, labs, etc. I live in Canada, and though I'm from the U.S., I can't imagine going back for an extended period of time right now. Also, tuition for Canadian Education PhDs is less than $6000 a year and most programs are fully funded to $30k with additional funding opportunities.

Message me if you want to ask questions about MET.

Thanks so much for the information!! I have applied for a couple of schools not far from where I live. If I got rejected in March, will definitely consider the MET program. I'm excited to have heard this program.