University of Pittsburgh Program in Microbiology and Immunology (Pitt PMI)

Germophile

Pitt is my top choice, and they release sometime in February. I am super excited about this program and hopeful that I will get an offer, but the waiting is killing me. I heard they call people they accept, so every time it hits 5 pm EST and I haven't received a phone call, my heart sinks a little...

I'm dying to talk to other PMI applicants and/or people who are hoping to start grad school at Pitt in the fall... If you're out there, let's commiserate! 

Hi. I'm also applying to the PMI at Pitt but I haven't heard back anything from the program after I submitted my application. Could you tell me when you had the interview? Or do you know if PMI has sent out all interview invitations for international students?

Pending: UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology)

Secondary Application: UT Southwestern (BMS)

Interviewing: IUPUI (IBMG), UAB (GBS), U of Arizona (ABBS), Purdue (Biological Sciences), U of Maryland (Neuroscience)

Rejected: WUSTL (DBBS), Mayo (Neuroscience), Rockefeller (Bioscience), UW (Immunology)

1 hour ago, Vickie Yang said:

Hi. I'm also applying to the PMI at Pitt but I haven't heard back anything from the program after I submitted my application. Could you tell me when you had the interview? Or do you know if PMI has sent out all interview invitations for international students?

Hello! My interview was the weekend of January 29th. They gave me two options, the weekend of the 22nd or the weekend of the 29th. 

I'm not sure if there are separate interviews for international students... I know there was one girl at my interview weekend who was an international student but I believe she did her undergraduate in the US so she may have been lumped in with domestic applicants, I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Thank you for telling me. Anyway...Good luck to your application! Hope you're going to get an offer soon!

Pending: UC Berkeley (MCB), Emory (Neuroscience), UC Irvine (CMB), UPitt (PMI), U of Miami (PiBS), Harvard (Immunology)

Secondary Application: UT Southwestern (BMS)

Interviewing: IUPUI (IBMG), UAB (GBS), U of Arizona (ABBS), Purdue (Biological Sciences), U of Maryland (Neuroscience)

Rejected: WUSTL (DBBS), Mayo (Neuroscience), Rockefeller (Bioscience), UW (Immunology)

17 hours ago, drerae27 said:

I interviewed there first weekend and haven't heard back yet. I saw a few posting acceptances/ rejections, but only 3 or 4. The website said they do rolling admissions until march 1st, so hopefully we don't have to wait much longer. 

Same here, haven't heard anything yet. Someone posted that they had been sent a rejection letter by email apparently so hopefully we hear back soon... I suspect the fact that I haven't been called yet means I didn't get in, but I hope I'm mistaken :P

On 2/18/2021 at 12:34 AM, Vickie Yang said:

Hi,

I am in the same stage. Just wondering if you have heard anything! Hope your admission process is going great!

Hey guys, just updating this thread that I got waitlisted for PMI today. I did attend the first interview weekend (Jan 21/22 I think?) and was really hoping for an acceptance. Anyway good luck to everyone still waiting on results!!

2 hours ago, DrHorse said:

Hey guys, just updating this thread that I got waitlisted for PMI today. I did attend the first interview weekend (Jan 21/22 I think?) and was really hoping for an acceptance. Anyway good luck to everyone still waiting on results!!

Thanks for the update! I still haven't heard anything at all. I did interview the second weekend though. 

4 hours ago, Germophile said:

Thanks for the update! I still haven't heard anything at all. I did interview the second weekend though. 

Best of luck!! I hope you hear good news soon :) Seems like they are releasing decisions a few at a time...lol