Which Program Would You Choose: NYU HESA vs USC PASA?

unixotic

Hi everyone! 

This is my second post on this site so I'm hoping a few of you could offer some insight onto my challenge: choosing NYU or USC. (And yes, I did post this under "Decisions, Decisions", but I found this sub-forum [?] and figured it'd also be a good place to post).

I've been "accepted" into both (Recruitment Day Interviews for NYU and official acceptance for USC), and I'm over the moon! Both schools are really good and I feel incredibly lucky to think I got in even after taking a gap year during covid. 

I'm from Southern California (if that helps) and I'm having trouble picking one. While my family prefers if I stay in the Los Angeles area and go to USC, I can't help but romanticize the idea of being in New York. NYU ranks 10th for my program, while USC is right behind at 11th, so I'm not too worried about program quality since they're so close together. For overall rankings, USC is put at 24th and NYU is 30th, so again, not too concerned with the quality of education! Both seem to be amazing, and while my gut is leaning a little more towards USC (mainly because they've been in constant communication with me vs. NYU plus being a Southern California native), quite a few people around me seem to be cheering for NYU.

If anyone has any insight as to what the cultures are like at these universities, please let me know! I'm not too nervous about moving elsewhere since during my gap year (before covid) I was able to travel to another country and live alone for months, so that's no issue! 

Of course, I'm just being optimistic about NYU since it's not an official acceptance. I would just like to think of my options just in case! 

Best of luck to everyone as they're receiving their letters! 

P.S. If this is in the wrong topic and I should move it somewhere else, please let me know! I'm really new to this site so I haven't gotten the hang of it quite yet!