Northern Bridge Consortium - Funding Decisions

CleoOfSicily

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, Naomi Madeleine said:

Just heard that we may not know until late May/June due to sheer volume of apps received this year, which doesn’t fill me with confidence haha. 

Hello!

They sent an email today saying that decisions will be announced starting from the 15th of April. They also mentioned that the notification will come from the home institution and not the NBCS.

Good luck ! 

Just now, CleoOfSicily said:

Hello!

They sent an email today saying that decisions will be announced starting from the 15th of April. They also mentioned that the notification will come from the home institution and not the NBCS.

Good luck ! 

Yes! I got that email too. Happy to be wrong on that one ;) good luck to you!

Just now, Naomi Madeleine said:

Yes! I got that email too. Happy to be wrong on that one ;) good luck to you!

Let's hope we get good news soon! Where did you applied, if I may ask? I applied to Durham (top choice <3) 

Just now, CleoOfSicily said:

Let's hope we get good news soon! Where did you applied, if I may ask? I applied to Durham (top choice <3) 

Durham with supervisors at Newcastle and Northumbria! My only application ? I did my undergrad at Durham and it really is a lovely little city. I know last year Durham got a disproportionately high number of awards from NB, so fingers crossed it’s the same this year. Well, two at least! 

Just now, Naomi Madeleine said:

Durham with supervisors at Newcastle and Northumbria! My only application ? I did my undergrad at Durham and it really is a lovely little city. I know last year Durham got a disproportionately high number of awards from NB, so fingers crossed it’s the same this year. Well, two at least! 

That's great to hear!! Well let's hope we both get it. It'd be nice to meet someone off GradCafe :D. I will make sure to share once I receive any kind of news. 

9 minutes ago, CleoOfSicily said:

Yes! 

I think it's just Durham tho... they wait is killing me!

Yes strange. I wonder why it’s just Dirham. Me too haha. It’s like they keep teasing us with the results date and then it’s pushed back. But hey I’m going to enjoy another two weeks of hopefulness! 

5 minutes ago, Naomi Madeleine said:

Yes strange. I wonder why it’s just Dirham. Me too haha. It’s like they keep teasing us with the results date and then it’s pushed back. But hey I’m going to enjoy another two weeks of hopefulness! 

Was just thinking about it! Two weeks will pass by rather quickly (hopefully!)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Naomi Madeleine said:

Hey! So I’m on the reserve list. Fingers crossed and you never know :)

This is great news!! Good luck ❤️ 

Unfortunately it did not go through for me. But it's okay... I will defer and re-apply next year maybe. 

On 4/13/2021 at 4:08 PM, CleoOfSicily said:
20 hours ago, CleoOfSicily said:

This is great news!! Good luck ❤️ 

Unfortunately it did not go through for me. But it's okay... I will defer and re-apply next year maybe. 

Thank you. I’m not feeling toooo hopeful. But hey, there’s still the chance of Durham internal funding for both of us. More waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CleoOfSicily said:

Any news? I am starting to lose hope  :(

No news! I think it’s going to take a while though. I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that it could be summertime before I know for sure. Don’t lose hope yet! I’m trying not to until I’m told I definitively haven’t got any funding, then I’ll start to panic a bit ?

43 minutes ago, Naomi Madeleine said:

No news! I think it’s going to take a while though. I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that it could be summertime before I know for sure. Don’t lose hope yet! I’m trying not to until I’m told I definitively haven’t got any funding, then I’ll start to panic a bit ?

I guess then it's going to be a very long wait. Let's hope for the best, but let's also work on a back up plan ?