University of Toronto : PhD in Information

marloe

Anyone else waiting on results for this program?  

I am surprised some decisions haven't come out yet. The deadlines were far earlier than normal this year, which I thought would mean that decisions would come out earlier as well. 

It seems that a lot of U of T PhD programs are sending out decisions, not sure why the information program has not. 

On 2/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, stuart_d said:

Anyone else waiting on results for this program?  

I am surprised some decisions haven't come out yet. The deadlines were far earlier than normal this year, which I thought would mean that decisions would come out earlier as well. 

It seems that a lot of U of T PhD programs are sending out decisions, not sure why the information program has not. 

I know it's not the same as Information, but I'm still waiting on results from the Italian program. I interviewed back in the first few days of February, and haven't heard anything since.

1 hour ago, Liquirizia said:

I know it's not the same as Information, but I'm still waiting on results from the Italian program. I interviewed back in the first few days of February, and haven't heard anything since.

When was the application deadline for the program? Information's was December 1st. 

• 3 weeks later...

For the information program I got a rejection last week. I spoke to my potential supervisor and they mentioned it was really competitive and they only admitted 7 people. 

Not sure if they have sent out all their rejections yet. 

7 hours ago, Nikippon said:

Hi, I am still waiting for the results. Interviewed Jan 26th, told to be patient. Guess nothing left for me this time lol. Have you got the decisions?

Just now, stuart_d said:

For the information program I got a rejection last week. I spoke to my potential supervisor and they mentioned it was really competitive and they only admitted 7 people. 

Not sure if they have sent out all their rejections yet. 

That's so depressing.. I checked the results last year and found they send out tons of rejection on Mar 31. So I guess I will wait till 3.31 to receive my rejection. 

Best wishes on your others. 

1 minute ago, Nikippon said:

That's so depressing.. I checked the results last year and found they send out tons of rejection on Mar 31. So I guess I will wait till 3.31 to receive my rejection. 

Best wishes on your others. 

Yeah, perhaps they are waiting on some rejections later. There is always a chance that some of the accepted will take another offer.