Academic misconduct and chances to get into professional-based masters

A bit of info about me: Junior at a Canadian University, decent GPA (upward trend)

I was sanctioned for academic misconduct at the end of my second year. It was a first time offence, and the punishments I received were very light, much much lighter compared to the standard punishment for a first-time offence. The grade I received for that course was still ok. The notation stayed on my transcript for a few months and is already gone. 

I completely regret this and I will definitely not to this in the future. However, I do plan to go to grad schools in a STEM area and pursue a professional based masters. Next year, I will be doing a 12-month co-op which means I will graduate in 2023 instead of 2022. I also plan to work in the industry for at least 1-2 years before starting a masters.  This means that by the time I apply to graduate schools (which would be in 2023 the earliest, maybe even in 2024), this incident would have been more than 3-4 years ago, and I would have also gained a few years of professional industry experience.

I know some schools ask students to disclose any disciplinary records like this on the application; I am definitely going to disclose anything like this truthfully and be responsible for my own actions. I heard that apparently, the longer between the incident and the time of application, the less impact this record would have, but again I do not know if this is true. Do I still have a chance at some Tier 1 schools (such as Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Columbia, etc.)? Would I be rejected right away?

Note: not applying to Med or Law schools. 

Any information or advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated!