Courant, NYU (USA) vs Imperial College London (UK)

Hi All

I am delighted to share with you all that I have received admits from two of my dream courses for a master's degree

1. Scientific Computing at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University (USA)
2. Applied Computational Science and Engineering at Imperial College London, (UK)

Now, I am in extreme confusion about what course to choose.
I am from India, so that I will be an international student for both of them.  Also, I don't have a scholarship for any program, and expenditure will be almost the same for both programs.

First Question
Going with the ranking, Imperial College has a way better rank than NYU. Imperial Stands in the top 10 universities around the world while NYU is in the top 30. Although, Courant Institute at NYU is highly prestigious and globally reputed in the field of Mathematics. When looking at the subject-wise ranks (Mathematics), Imperial and NYU are next to each other.
Should I solely decide based on ranking? Please let me know your reasons.

Second Question
What are the chances of getting a job in the USA vs. the UK in software development, scientific computing, and machine learning?

Third Question
I am not willing to pursue a Ph.D. degree, but what should I look for in the courses if I decide to go for it?

What are the other factors that I should be considering? Please let me know.
Also, I would love to connect to people either pursuing any of these courses or graduated from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I used to live in the UK and as far as I known, Imperial College London is way more better than NYU. Fortunately, I had over 5 free meals in the canteen of Imperial College and stayed over night in its library. So, I highly recommend you to choose IC.