University of Pittsburgh 2021 Biomedical Informatics Ph.D.

Yyy0

I contacted the department. They told me that they already sent out the first round of offers, and I was added to their waitlist. I am not sure if it is the same situation for other applicants.

10 hours ago, JeffSg said:

I am wondering if the interviewee represents the program or just their own lab because I was interviewed with the professor not listed as POI in my application.

I guess that the interviewee represents the program since the first semester of this program will be the rotation time.

33 minutes ago, ChickenFeet said:

That's strange. I was told by the professor I interviewed with that decisions hadn't been made yet amd that there was no waitlist at this point 

I am not sure about your situation, but you may want to contact the program manager to check your status. They will explicitly tell you where you are in the process.

Just now, Yyy0 said:

I am international student. 

Yeah me too. Because UPitt is heavily funded by NLM grants, I think the first round of offers they sent was for domestic students. 

International students have to secure funding with a professor so it's a different offer process. 

8 minutes ago, ChickenFeet said:

Yeah me too. Because UPitt is heavily funded by NLM grants, I think the first round of offers they sent was for domestic students. 

International students have to secure funding with a professor so it's a different offer process. 

I actually don't think so. For schools that have rotation time, the first semester will be fully funded by the department not professor untill the rotation time ends, so I think there is no such kind of difference.

Edited by Yyy0

• 3 weeks later...

I was contacted today by my interviewer saying she is interested in offering me a graduate student researcher position in her lab. Does it potentially indicate an admission offer? I checked my portal it is still waitlist.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, JeffSg said:

I was contacted today by my interviewer saying she is interested in offering me a graduate student researcher position in her lab. Does it potentially indicate an admission offer? I checked my portal it is still waitlist.

Hey. Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was? Thanks.