UCSD Waitlist?

Contingent

Hey all, 

Has anyone heard anything about the UCSD waitlist? Has anyone seen any movement? I asked the department about it last week, and was told they would just update me when decisions are made. 

Thanks for any help you can offer, and, for those of you still waiting, good luck!

I’m sorry to bring disappointing news, but as of this morning there was one spot left and one admitted person yet to respond. They told me they think this person is very likely to accept, and if they decline there will be a vote among faculty to decide who gets the spot off the waitlist. As such, they said there is a “vanishingly small” chance of them moving to the waitlist at all. Hopefully that person makes a decision tomorrow! 

20 hours ago, Happybuddha said:

I’m sorry to bring disappointing news, but as of this morning there was one spot left and one admitted person yet to respond. They told me they think this person is very likely to accept, and if they decline there will be a vote among faculty to decide who gets the spot off the waitlist. As such, they said there is a “vanishingly small” chance of them moving to the waitlist at all. Hopefully that person makes a decision tomorrow! 

Thank you. I just got an the same update, but that I am 1 of 3 they are considering for the spot should it become open. The current applicant is appearently on a waitlist at a school they prefer, and is waiting for that school to decide before he will commit. I was told it the we won't know until the very last minute. If that person is reading this, please decline if this is not your top choice program.