NSERC Extranet email: current PGS-D holder

fasteddie

Hi, 

I currently hold a PGS-D that is about to end in September 2021, and I received this email from NSERC yesterday: 

Hello,

A new award notification from NSERC will be posted to your personalized Extranet account (link). In the next couple of days, you will be receiving two system-generated emails from NSERC prompting you to access your new account on the NSERC Scholarships and Fellowships Extranet. The first email will contain a link to the Extranet as well as your username, and the second email will contain your password. Once you log into your account, you will be able to access award information. If you do not receive the system-generated emails within two days from the date of this email, first check your spam email folder and then contact us at schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. 

Sincerely,

NSERC Scholarships and Fellowships Division

Has anyone else got a similar email? I am wondering if it is an award extension due to COVID (saw somewhere on another forum that this happened last year). Does anyone know if NSERC has been providing scholarship extensions, and generally how many months the extension covers (one semester, more?)? I did not apply for any NSERC awards this year, so the message is puzzling. I am not a fan of this vague "wait a couple days for a message that may or may not arrive" style they have haha. 

Edited by fasteddie