Middle Eastern Studies at MCGill

Montreal123

I am fourth year student of International development and globalisation at the Uiversity of Ottawa (and resident of Québec) and am pondering on applying to McGill to study political science, notably in the domain of Middle Eastern Political Economy. I am replete with a certain degree of confusion and disorientation, as I am one year away from my graduation and my plans for graduate studies do not appear to be very concrete yet. In this regard, I would be much obliged if any of you could enlighten me on the following few questions that I would like to raise:

1) Although McGill does not have a graduate programme in Middle Eastern studies, it is reputed to be very strong in Middle Eastern studies. Can I carve out a programme that would suit my research interests in McGill? (For instance, Middle Eastern Political economy, to be general, and the cases of Iran and Turkey, to be more specific)

2) As for funding, do you know if students are guaranteed funding in this department of McGill University. A friend of mine was also telling me that funding was very contingent on one's GPA (I have got a GPA of 9.3 out of 10.0 at present)

3) How soon should I make my application now that I am one year away from graduation?

4) Are there any other schools that you would recommend?

Cheers,

Vahid