Application status has been "Additional Assessment Scheduled" for months?

WritingEllie

I was wondering if anyone had any experience applying to Trinity College Dublin, particularly the Creative Writing Masters. I applied in early March, and my application status has said "additional assessment scheduled" for a few months now. Does anyone know what this means? I haven't seen anyone post about their results from Trinity for creative writing this year, so I'm wondering if they haven't made decisions yet, or if instead of just flat-out rejecting people they just never update the status. Does anyone know about Trinity's Creative Writing admissions process? I sent an email to the academic registry in April asking about it, but they just said it meant they hadn't made a decision yet, but they didn't know when they would. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ellie I’ve been in contact with the school and they’ve repeatedly told me that last year’s applicants deferred their acceptances to this year which has filled many of the limited 16 places for the program.  Today the Senior Executive Officer for the creative writing school (the Oscar Wilde Center) sent me this:

Many thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately all the places have been filled. Places were very tight this year due to covid related deferrals from last year and some difficult decisions had to be made. We are currently putting together a waiting list if any of these places all through. Please don't worry about the additional assessment required, we will be in contact shortly one way or the other.”

it just seems like getting into this school this year is a total dead end.  Completely bummed because I would have been an international student from the US and this has been my dream school to study creative writing for the past 3 years. :(