Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation Dissertation Fellowship/Emerging Scholar Awards 2021-22

jmarx

Would love to hear from other applicants if they have gotten word of any kind (rejections, acceptances, delays, etc).

This fellowship announces notoriously late in the season compared to others, especially given that its application deadline is February 1. We're told we will hear after the Board of Directors meets "in June." In previous years (aside from last year due to COVID delays, which pushed it to mid-July) the announcements typically go out sometime between June 12-18. I have heard nothing yet this year. I emailed the foundation, twice, and received no response. I called on 6/17 and was told that the Board had already met and that announcements would go out "next week." Well, its now 6/25, ie the end of "next week," and still no answers. The earliest we can expect to hear from them is now 6/28, which is the latest its ever been in a "normal" year.

Has ANYONE gotten word from them yet?