Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Fall 2022 Admission Results

Bioenglover

Has anyone heard from the following places?

- Rice Bioengineering PhD

- Duke Biomedical Engineering PhD

- Boston University Biomedical Engineering PhD

- University of California, Irvine Biomedical Engineering PhD

- University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign Bioengineering PhD

- Washington University in St. Louis Biomedical Engineering PhD

Pls pls pls.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:53 PM, WeenieHutJr said:

Has anyone heard from the following places?

- Rice Bioengineering PhD

- Duke Biomedical Engineering PhD

- Boston University Biomedical Engineering PhD

- University of California, Irvine Biomedical Engineering PhD

- University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign Bioengineering PhD

- Washington University in St. Louis Biomedical Engineering PhD

Pls pls pls.

BU sends out accepts and rejects every Friday around noon ET until the end-ish of Feb. Guessing this Friday will be the last one before waitlists. ? I'm waiting too. 

20 hours ago, sincerely_anxious said:

Anyone heard back from JHU BME after interviews?

I reached out, this was their response 6 days ago:

Our review committees are discussing now. We hope to have more information to you by the end of next week or possibly the following week, depending on how long it takes for them to reach decisions. Thanks for your patience! We’ll let you know as soon as we can.

Edited by Bartimaeus

44 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I reached out, this was their response 6 days ago:

Our review committees are discussing now. We hope to have more information to you by the end of next week or possibly the following week, depending on how long it takes for them to reach decisions. Thanks for your patience! We’ll let you know as soon as we can.

thank you! this makes me nervous since it seems like they are doing more cuts before the second "interviews."

22 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

That, or deciding which candidates have direct matches and which ones might be rotating? ?‍♂️ fingers crossed

Very true! Anyone else freaked out by the fact that all direct matches now require two offers per candidate? I have one prof interested in me but not sure if I have a second. 

An interesting "fact" to share tho:

I have included my personal website in the application as additional materials, but yesterday when I updated it, I saw that no external user (people who have not followed me before) has tried to access/view the website

Speak for "received full consideration" and "thoughtful decision"

1 hour ago, BestOfLuck said:

An interesting "fact" to share tho:

I have included my personal website in the application as additional materials, but yesterday when I updated it, I saw that no external user (people who have not followed me before) has tried to access/view the website

Speak for "received full consideration" and "thoughtful decision"

Have you every "fully considered" getting some "bitches" on your "cack"? ?

Anyone heard from the following places?

- Cornell bme phd

- Georgia Tech bme phd 

- UCSD nanoengineering phd

Recently sent an email to the coordinator of Cornell about the application progress and she read it, but there was no answer:(

Edited by kickdrum

6 hours ago, kickdrum said:

- Cornell bme phd

- Georgia Tech bme phd 

Recently sent an email to the coordinator of Cornell about the application progress and she read it, but there was no answer:(

I have heard from GT BME in January. I knew others who have heard in late-December. Only one in-person visit option for Mar 04-06. Not sure if there is other weekend plan for virtual interviews.

10 hours ago, kickdrum said:

- Cornell bme phd

- Georgia Tech bme phd 

I too sent an email to cornell enquiring about my application status. They replied that they cannot offer me admission and thought that I would be an excellent applicant for M.Eng. program

On 2/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, kickdrum said:

- Cornell bme phd

- Georgia Tech bme phd 

I had an offer from Cornell BME but I don't know about the rest. I wish you all the best!

Email from a couple of profs (not the ones I interviewed with previously) at JHU BME, asking for a chat tomorrow (subject is JHU BME interview). Anybody else received something similar?

I thought we'd just chat more with the same POIs we spoke with before. Looks like this process is far from done? ?

11 hours ago, sean9045 said:

UMich BME PhD. I've participated both virtual interview in Jan and on-campus visit in Feb, and have been waiting for the final decision letter after submitting the survey for choosing the potential advisor around 10 days ago. Any updates from ppl like me? 

20 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Email from a couple of profs (not the ones I interviewed with previously) at JHU BME, asking for a chat tomorrow (subject is JHU BME interview). Anybody else received something similar?

I thought we'd just chat more with the same POIs we spoke with before. Looks like this process is far from done? ?

I didn't get anything..so now I am super nervous. This is my top choice... 

Anyone else hear back yet?

7 minutes ago, MD2PA said:

I didn't get anything..so now I am super nervous. This is my top choice... 

Anyone else hear back yet?

Hmm.. It's not the program directors or anything, just a couple of profs who's research is somewhat aligned with mine. This is probably something informal, I expect that we'll receive a formal email from the JHU team if it's about the next round. Will let you know once it's done in 4 hrs.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Hmm.. It's not the program directors or anything, just a couple of profs who's research is somewhat aligned with mine. This is probably something informal, I expect that we'll receive a formal email from the JHU team if it's about the next round. Will let you know once it's done in 4 hrs.

Well, sorry for any alarm caused - they just wanted to interview me now since they couldn't during the first round of interviews. Don't know what that means for the stage of the official process - Maybe we'll only hear back late this week or early next week? If anyone wants to shoot an email to the BME team, feel free :D

I emailed the admissions team and this is what I got in response: 

"Thank you for reaching out. We are following a new admissions process this year, and it has taken our committees longer than expected to reach a decision. We hope that the second look invitations will be sent within the next few days. We will extend the lab visits until March 4 to make sure direct match candidates have enough time to complete them. Once direct match candidates have been identified, they will receive an email from the program with more information about the second look visits and next steps. You should hear back from us soon, but in the meantime, thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any additional questions."

It's just so confusing because rotation offers are still going out but nothing in terms of direct match seems to be even remotely close to going out.