How should I put my work experience with a professor in my SoP?

Hello everyone!

I am an international PhD applicant for CSE and I completed my Bachelor's in 2017. Since then, I have been working as a product manager at this company but I have been feeling restless for some time now and I realized that this job isn't what I want to do. I want to move back to academia and so I am looking into PhD opportunities. Because I don't have any prior research experience, I think it's going to be difficult to get admitted to PhD programs. For this, I somehow managed to convince a professor from a US university to accept me to work with him remotely and for the last couple of months, we have been trying to work on ideas and concepts to publish some work.

Now, the thing is, since we haven't really published any papers yet or have any substantial output to show, I am confused about how to put this experience in my SoP? I would really like any suggestions regarding this matter and it would be extremely helpful for me!

THANKS!

PS. Right now, I only have experience I have gathered from my work and why I want to apply to the specific program in my SoP, but I don't think that is sufficient for a convincing PhD SoP...