(phd in poli sci)Which score shoud I submit?..

sfsdfdfsfdfsd

Hello!

I'm an international student applying to Ph.D programs in Political Science this year.

I have taken the GRE twice. 1st attempt: 160V 166Q 5.5AWA and 2nd attempt: 163V 168Q 4.0AWA

most schools told me that they will either super score or consider both scores for the application process. Still do anyone think I should probably just send one? as it might look bad to have multiple attempts?.. or think sending in both is better?If I had to choose one.. I thought the first one is better, ONLY because I am international. I noticed that most intl students struggle with the AWA more and it's rare to get above a 5. But Im not sure if I should simply just weigh in more for the VQ sections...?

Thanks!

First, congrats on the great scores! Second, what were your percentiles for each section on each test? That could make a difference if you’re considering sending only one score report. Also, you mentioned that you’re an international student. So, do you already have a great TOEFL or other similar test score to show to make up for the 4.0 AW section (if required for you)?

Personally, I don’t think you have to worry about your multiple attempts at the test looking bad. You improved in two major sections. I guess that’s why knowing the percentiles would help to see how significant the differences were and to determine whether you should submit both scores or not. For example if the percentile for the verbal section was around the same for both tests and the percentile for the quantitative section also remained around the same for both tests, then I would submit just the first test’s score report if I were you.

4 hours ago, nanakimmy9 said:

First, congrats on the great scores! Second, what were your percentiles for each section on each test? That could make a difference if you’re considering sending only one score report. Also, you mentioned that you’re an international student. So, do you already have a great TOEFL or other similar test score to show to make up for the 4.0 AW section (if required for you)?

Personally, I don’t think you have to worry about your multiple attempts at the test looking bad. You improved in two major sections. I guess that’s why knowing the percentiles would help to see how significant the differences were and to determine whether you should submit both scores or not. For example if the percentile for the verbal section was around the same for both tests and the percentile for the quantitative section also remained around the same for both tests, then I would submit just the first test’s score report if I were you.

Hey! Thanks so much for your reply!  I graduated from a U.S university, so don't have to take the toefl. 

the percentiles were  160V (86%) 166Q (87%) 5.5AWA (98%)      and    163V (92%) 168Q (91%) 4.0AWA (54%)   

I think for the second AWA test, I might have went off topic or something.. because I wrote the exact same amount with the exact same approach.. oh well~ 

I agree with you that the percentile is more important than the actual numbers. Both VQ improved, but because off the big drop in AWA, if I had to choose only ONE, than I think the first test score will be better. I just wasn't sure how important AWA is.. a lot of intl students actually get around 4.0, so while the second score makes me stand up for the VQ score (especially quant) the AWA is just average.. but for the first one, I really stand up for the AWA score, while the others not so really.. But only one school said they will look at only one test score, and all other schools said that they will either super score, or consider both.. so I guess if multiple attempts doesn't look bad, maybe sending in both will be better.