Online seminar group?

BeanWater

Hi everyone!

I'll cut straight to the point: I'm interested in collecting a group of PhD students with whom I could have a series of mutually beneficial seminars/unofficial mini "conferences". I was envisioning e.g. the first session to be one where all participants present their research topics, aims, intended time tables, etc, and we'd all give each other feedback and thus provide peer support. In the second session we could discuss our RQ's or introductions or the literary positioning. And so on, so forth - I'm definitely open to suggestions on what to discuss in each session.

This series of meetings would include giving and receiving feedback on your papers and presentations, sharing invitations to open-access seminars (e.g. at my university I co-run a methodology based seminar series). The goal would be for everyone to 1. improve with the help of feedback, 2. get involved in proactively giving feedback, and 3. expand our academic networks. We could also discuss how to prevent idea-theft in case there are participants with focus areas that overlap too strongly.

I was thinking that we could have these sessions via zoom, and set regular times (e.g. once a month, or once every other month).

If anyone is interested, let me know!