Neuroscience PhD Programs: Wetlab

Cophysneurec

Hello, I am coming from a math background with experience in clinical neuroscience research (human EEG) and behavioral psychology. From what I understand, many PhD students specializing in mathematical methods for neuroscience are not required to actually work with animals directly, perform transections, etc... I imagine this depends on the supervisor and their lab. Is there any way of identifying programs where students on the math side are usually not expected to do lab work? Is this wishful thinking on my part, and should I expect to have to get my hands dirty at some point if I aim for a PhD in Neuroscience?

If you have any insight into that aspect of any of these programs, I would be especially grateful:

CMU PNC

Duke

UC Irvine

UCSB

U Washington

Caltech CNS

UCSD

Princeton

Cornell

U Arizona

Brown

Thank you.

This is not a program question, it's a lab-dependent one. It makes zero sense to look for programs that don't require their students to do wet lab because, again, this has nothing to do with the program. Just choose a computational lab. Literally every neuroscience program has computational labs so that should help you narrow your list down to . . . every single neuroscience program. Sorry for being snarky but it's really not a well-posed question.

Edited by ManifoldsAreMadeUp