MS in Stats that offers research/thesis opportunities?

Hi everyone! I'm going to apply to an MS in Statistics this Fall and I'm looking for program suggestions.

Background: Applied Math major. Been working as a Data Scientist at a large tech company since graduating 2 years ago. Published research on applied ML during my undergrad. GPA 3.7, GRE 167Q 165R 5.5W

Why I want to apply: Personal fulfillment and career advancement. I like stats and I didn't feel challenged during my undergrad. On the other hand, I want to move to a research-oriented position in the industry and this requires at least an MS.

Concerns: $. I don't see my earnings increasing significantly after getting an MS, so I care about the price tag. I already ruled out Columbia because I find their tuition fees beyond ridiculous. (For this reason I'm also wary of Data Science programs. I see them as money grabs). I don't want to spend more than $60k for the entire program. Also part-time would be a plus, but I don't think they would offer research options.

So far I have UChicago MS Stat in mind because it's theoretical and has a thesis component. I've looked into Stanford MS stat and U of Washington MS Stats but they don't seem to require a thesis. Last thing: I'm location agnostic. I'll come back to my current company after graduation.

Any program recommendation?