Suggestions and advice for applying for Syst Theo PhDs

theologizing77

Hi everyone! I've been a longtime lerker here on these forums, and now I decided to take the brave step and post here for the first time.  I'll be applying for PhDs in systematic theology, and I particularly want to focus on political theology.  Here is my background: 

My B.A. is from Fordham University with majors in Spanish and Theology.  I wrote a thesis, though, combining both majors by writing on political theology in Francoist Spain. I had a 3.94 GPA here, summa cum laude, and member in Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi.  

My M.Div. is in an evangelical school (Gordon-Conwell).  I got a 3.96 GPA here, summa cum laude, and I became a member of the school's theological honor society.  Here, I became interested in Barth and sociopolitical dimensions of theology such as questions of sovereignty.  

My Th.M. is in Princeton Seminary with a focus on systematic theology.  I decided to slowly take my ThM instead of rushing through it, especially during covid.  So, that meant I got to know more professors here from George Hunsinger to Bruce McCormack.  in fact, one of them will be writing my recommendation for PhD!  Thus far, I've been getting a 4.0 GPA, and I will write a thesis to finish my ThM.  

I've also presented 3 papers thus far in grad student conferences.  

So, all this said, I'm looking to apply to top tier schools in systematic theology, and one of them obviously will be here at Princeton (I hope to stay here, in fact!).  But, I wondered if anyone had other suggestions/advice about where else to apply?  Definitely dont want to put all my eggs in one basket.  What are people's thoughts on Union and Vanderbilt? 

I'm hoping to do work here in the states because funding is more widely available here.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks!