Terminal MA program at CU Denver

socparty

Hi everyone,

With application season upon us I wanted to introduce myself as the director of the MA program at CU Denver. Over the years, we've carved out something of a specialty in helping students launch from the MA into top PhD programs like Texas, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Indiana. Faculty specialties include health, criminology & law, families and social welfare, urban sociology, and demography. We offer multiple methods courses - qualitative and quantitative - and allow students flexibility in taking courses outside of the program, with many adding specialization in topics like GIS/spatial analysis, data management, policy analysis, advanced stats, and survey methods. Applicants from the Western and Mountain regions qualify for in-state tuition, and we offer scholarships though these are competitive and usually small (not always). Our students have had success publishing with faculty while in the program and many present at regional and national conferences with financial support from the university and department. 

Admissions at top programs have gotten so competitive lately that I know not everyone will get into the program of their dreams. If you think we can help you feel free to email me directly. Our application deadline (officially February 15) is flexible and should occur after you've heard from most of your top choices.

Best of luck!

Adam