OISE Master of Teaching 2022 UofT

drsp2891

Hey ,

Just wondering who applied to this year's Master of Teaching cohort for 2022?

If you could share your experience - # of hours, GPA, if you could accepted, etc: it would help so much!!

Currently trying to finish my essay and application before the Nov 15 deadline , I'm stressed so I wanted to see if others were on the same boat.

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!!

I JUST submitted my application!! I definitely feel ya about the stress, it's been stressing me out for months!! But feels super good to have it submitted! I've applied to all three streams! ?

Good luck everyone!!

Finished my written parts about a week ago but my second reference finally submitted their letter on Sunday. Very relieved to finally have it out of my hands. 

I've got about 3000 hours in a variety of setting (camps, educational non-profits, cross-cultural mentoring, TAing), 3.7 GPA for all my completed courses., applying to I/S for Sci-Gen + SocSci-Gen and J/I for Sci-Gen. 

Looking forward to hearing from applicants, can't wait for March or whenever acceptances come out! 

Good luck everyone, hope things are back to full in-person by the time we (hopefully) make it!

Edited by FutureBasedHSTeacher

On 11/15/2021 at 7:05 AM, Liniax said:

Hey, 

I am applying this year! What stream are you applying to? I’m applying for P/J!

best of luck!

I'm an international student , applying for I/S Biological Science and Science Gen.

I was so glad to finally submit my application and get it out of the way. So stressful ! Although I think waiting till March will be more stressful !

On 11/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, drsp2891 said:

I'm an international student , applying for I/S Biological Science and Science Gen.

I was so glad to finally submit my application and get it out of the way. So stressful ! Although I think waiting till March will be more stressful !

I agree wit you there!!! So stressfullll wish I could find out now LOL!

• 1 month later...

Just submitted my application today, well past the deadline but the program was still taking applications and I've read in past forums that people have still gotten accepted despite applying mid-Jan so hoping it doesn't affect my chances too greatly. Anyone else on the same boat who applied late? Here to ease the anxiety that comes with waiting for a response. 

I did apply and get accepted to the same program for Fall 2020 but had to withdraw and reapplying with pretty much the same application (bc covid). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, crisscrossapplesauce said:

Still waiting as well. They told me no decisions have been released yet to applicants and that decisions are made on a rolling basis. Can anyone explain what it means for decisions to be on a rolling basis? Will those who aren't offered admission hear back immediately?

It means that we will not all find out on the same day if we are accepted or not. They will let people know as they go through them. Plus, as people decline offers, they may offer the spot to someone else. When did you talk to them to get that information? They must be runningblate as by this time last year people had already started hearing back. 

58 minutes ago, partymomma said:

It means that we will not all find out on the same day if we are accepted or not. They will let people know as they go through them. Plus, as people decline offers, they may offer the spot to someone else. When did you talk to them to get that information? They must be runningblate as by this time last year people had already started hearing back. 

I caved in and emailed them today. Someone on reddit said that OISE was having technical issues with their application system but I figured it would have been ironed out by now. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, Karis said:

Hi! Me too I'm still waiting for the results?Have been waiting so anxiously since interview in Feb... this year is definitely running later than before

Wasnt that for the MA-CSE program?

On 3/14/2022 at 11:53 PM, crisscrossapplesauce said:

Nah it was for MT that's what they said 

the poster meant that the interview was for the MA-CSE, not MAT program

On 3/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, Karis said:

Hi! Me too I'm still waiting for the results?Have been waiting so anxiously since interview in Feb... this year is definitely running later than before

Did you get an interview response yet? I did my interview for MA-CSE in feb as well and haven't heard anything back :(

5 hours ago, crisscrossapplesauce said:

Congratulations!! How did you find out? Can you share your avgs, hours etc?

Through email. I have 2 diplomas and a degree. I have also been an early childhood educator for over 10 years full-time. My references were a professional (teacher) and my professor. I spent a solid couple of days working on my letter of intent. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...