Does it matter for Master admission if you fail a Doctoral Seminar course?

I have a friend who is currently a Doctoral student in Business School (Marketing area). Recently, he surprisingly told me that he would leave his program by the end of this semester, as there is no clear research fit between what he wants to do and the faculties in his department. Apparently, he is likely to receive a 'Failed' grade in his Doctoral Seminar in certain Marketing topics (P/F grading scheme, 1 credit). As he is planning to apply for several Master programs in Computer Science area (he has undergraduate degree in C.S. and Math), he is pretty anxious about whether the potential "F" grade on the transcript would negatively impact his application for those Master in C.S. programs. I told him my guess is that it does not matter much, since Marketing's Doctoral Seminar is not related to Computer Science at all, but he told me to post on this forum to ask if he needs to take further action to avoid getting a "F" but a "W" (it means he has to replace all in progress courses with "W" in this semester). Any thoughts would be appreciated.